A Fireproof Life

Living a FIREPROOF life for the everlasting, almighty GOD of the UNIVERSE


Haha...there’s 3 weeks till exams…noooo!!! Well, this week was the first week after the holidays…and now all our sacs are done!! WOOT ^_^ Once again, here I am blogging…btw Mark Connor’s message last night “Prophetic words for the church” was awesome, and it applied heaps to my life. To recall >>> evangelise, prayer and generous giving.


Evangelise…I know that I have been trying to evangelise to others and I felt I have mature as a result. But I felt God really pressing upon my heart that I have to try harder…like a sense of urgency, especially with about 1 week left of school. And, even if it’s just softening the heart of the unchurched so that others can act on their heart. I come to realise that a little thing goes a long way. Like yesterday, I went to the VATE English seminar in Melbourne Uni. The train there was gloomy, a lot of people had long, tired look on their faces. I think that just keeping a smile throughout the train journey really helped…the bible says to be a light in the world.


Was also listening to “Shine” by the Newsboys. The lyrics…”shine, make ‘em wonder whatcha got. Shine, make ‘em wish that they were not on the outside looking bored” It has an element of truth…you’ve got to shine, be a light for Jesus, and everyone will wonder why you’re so happy >>> because of Jesus in your life. Also, once you’ve shown other the awesomeness of Jesus, they would want to know what is the motivation behind your cheerful character >>> a simple step in making the unchurch responsive to God. Be happy always!!! Mark also mentioned the 4 steps to effective evangelising, with three of the 4 being nothing about actually preaching the gospel, but actually reflecting the character of Christ by being a friend, meeting others’ needs ...


Prayer… I love Mark’s story of the missionary who prayed heaps. He prayed for the city of Muambi (not sure how to spell) even before going to preach there. That’s sooo cool cuz normally we jump straight into things and we wonder why it is not going well. As well as that, continual prayer is essential. Sometimes we go out and evangelise but fail to reflect and pray continuously. Also, I think that was a personal message to me…to encourage me to pray…the more I pray, the more I will see God move!!


Generosity…Also another element personal to me which is between me and God…anyways Mark explained how much we can give to the church which even barely impacts our lives. A mere 10% will enrich the church with much more funds to reach out to the community. Give generously!!!


Ahhh so like I said, yesterday I went to VATE…erm I was okay I guess.

Good bits…meeting Janice and Vincent (erm a different Janice and Vincent to the ones currently in year 12 Glenny), well they were studying in the state library…and we went out for lunch, I ate soooo much…and it was nice to catch up with them :P. Thx to Janice (I’ll call her JH for short coz I know like 3 or 4 Janices and I makes me confused too!!) for helping me heaps throughout this year… you are a blessing from God…I will dedicate a post to you sooo…thanks for being a cool friend!!

Good bits…meeting up with Grace and Xian…sigh…that Romulus seminar was kinda boring…and we couldn’t read the board (although colourful).

Good bit… train ride home. Grace went on the Lilydale train to meet Sam somewhere and Xian and I went on the Glenny train. Xian slept practically all the way…and me well I listened to “Something Beautiful” by Newsboys on repeat. I as I listened I looked around people talking a laughing, typical azns eating KFC on the train, people sleeping on the train (inc Xian), the beautiful blue sky…the awesome world God created!! It was sooo peaceful…like a dream…I music continually repeated “something beautiful” and I could see people laughing but not hear them (you know what I mean). And it was soooo nice to just see the world work and the awesome work God has done!! Off the train, I got Xian to walk in a straight line cuz he looked kinda drunk…haha it was funny to watch him. Then we got to his bus stop and found out that there was no service for sat and sun…poor guy, he had to walk home…


The past week…hectic…SACs, yearbook x2, SEAS and waiting for like half an hr for cupcakes and jelly cheesecake lol. Well…back to work…


God Rules!!!

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)